Blog Description

This is a blog for the family and friends of Collin Park. He will be serving a two year mission in the Sierra Leone Freetown Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, he left on January 24, 2013. While Collin is on his mission his Mom will be posting pictures and letters as she gets them, the content will be straight from Collin (unless otherwise noted) - spelling and punctuation will be corrected of course! Commentary and clarification may be added by his Mom as needed.
UPDATE: Collin's mission was split in half! The Sierra Leone Mission included the country of Liberia when Collin first left. As of July 1, 2013, the mission was split along the border and the new mission created: the Liberia, Monrovia Mission. Collin will never see the country of Sierra Leone. He has been in Monrovia Liberia since he left the MTC in Ghana.
ANOTHER UPDATE: Because of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, Liberia and Sierra Leone Missions were evacuated on August 4, 2014 and missionaries were reassigned to different missions. Collin was reassigned to the Salt Lake City Central Mission.

Monday, December 30, 2013

December 30, 2013

We tracked Santa to see that he visited Liberia, and he did!


I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and will have a good New Years!!!   I know that I had a great Christmas.  We had 3 FMs (free meals) in a row.   My gut was so full!!!  We had Cabbage, potato greens and then beans which sits heavy, so we suffered a little while and took most of it home so we could start calling home!


Calling home was great. It was fun to hear the reactions of everyone when they heard the way I speak. I will admit it, I speak funny!!! It was really good to hear from family. Katie and Adam, I hate you for not letting me know you moved to WA, and congrats to James and Danica about the new baby!  Happy birthday Sophie!!!!   It was really funny to hear Grandma and Grandpa react to getting a call from me, they weren’t expecting that one at all. It was so funny!!!

Saturday, we had two really good lessons with Moonah and James. Moonah told us that she believes that the Book of Mormon is true!!  That made our day!!!  James, I've known him since about June. This man has frustrated me beyond belief at times and then has made me a happy person also.

On Thursday, we got transfer news. Elder Lamont is going to Congo Town, Elder Seiya is going to Matadi, Elder Baldwin is going to New Jorgia and for me, I am going to Gardnersville and I’m going to be a Zone Leader. Here we go! We got moved late today so that’s why the email is short.
I love you all!

Elder Park
The White African
T.I.A.

So me and Baldwin will still be in the same apartment!!!! Haha, I think that’s funny. He will be working in a different district though. Baldwin’s comp is Elder Estagoy, he's from the Philippians.

Elder Myaka's pic from the Christmas program
 

Gardnersville is about a 30 minute drive from Tinker Village. I don’t really know what lies in store for me. We moved today, my companion is Elder Myaka from South Africa. Elder Myaka only has 4 transfers left (a transfer period is 6 weeks). As zone leaders you and your companion are both zone leaders. It’s not like a district leader where you are on your own. There is just one district in my zone. It’s one of the smallest zones, just 8 people. Elder Myaka has been here for 2 transfers, so he knows the area pretty well.

I haven’t spent much time at the apartment so I will tell you more about it next week.I was so happy to move. I’m so happy I have new people to meet and new streets to walk!!!<

No comments:

Post a Comment