Blog Description

This is a blog for the family and friends of Collin Park. He will be serving a two year mission in the Sierra Leone Freetown Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, he left on January 24, 2013. While Collin is on his mission his Mom will be posting pictures and letters as she gets them, the content will be straight from Collin (unless otherwise noted) - spelling and punctuation will be corrected of course! Commentary and clarification may be added by his Mom as needed.
UPDATE: Collin's mission was split in half! The Sierra Leone Mission included the country of Liberia when Collin first left. As of July 1, 2013, the mission was split along the border and the new mission created: the Liberia, Monrovia Mission. Collin will never see the country of Sierra Leone. He has been in Monrovia Liberia since he left the MTC in Ghana.
ANOTHER UPDATE: Because of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, Liberia and Sierra Leone Missions were evacuated on August 4, 2014 and missionaries were reassigned to different missions. Collin was reassigned to the Salt Lake City Central Mission.

Monday, December 09, 2013


December 9, 2013

 Wow this week was another good week, even though it started terrible.

 Tuesday was good until we met our friend that should have been baptized already.  We were preparing him for baptism this last Saturday, but he told us on Tuesday that, well he didn’t get baptized.  It was really frustrating for us, we felt like everything was going really well, but, now we just have to keep working.

Wednesday I was on exchange with Elder Bell.   We saw a lot of people.   It was good.   We sat with Mama Wah (her son played for the LIB football team, and is a member), she has been struggling to know if the church is true.  Last week she went to her church from before.   We talked to her about how she felt there.  She said that she was more relaxed at our church than her old one.   We explained why that was, and obviously it was because of the Spirit.   We talked to her about how we felt it and how it speaks to us and everything, it was a powerful lesson.  She said at the end of the lesson that she knows that this church is true.  Hopefully she can be baptized on Saturday.

 Thursday was  leadership training.  It was good to really learn what my roles/ duties are as a District Leader.   The best part was when they gave us food,  free food is the best!

 Friday I was on exchange with Elder Sanders.  He has been out for about 4 weeks, very new and still figuring everything out.   We had a lot of good lessons.  I talked most of the day because he is still

 figuring out how to adapt his teaching skills to the understanding of the Liberians, which is super hard to do!!!  He also ate his first chicken foot on his mission.  It’s a rite of passage for us Americans.  We never forget our first time! Hahaha

 Saturday we had Olivia get baptized.  She grew up in the bush and doesn’t speak much English.  Her auntie and uncle are members, so they taught her most of the lessons in Gio.  It was really cool!   We also had a really good lesson with Richard who is planning on getting baptized this Saturday.  His friend was there, Terry, and Richard was bearing his own testimony to his friend, me and Elder Baldwin just smiled to each other.  It was such a good way to end the week.

 Sunday we had Moonah come to church for the first time.  She's 23 and was scared to death of the church.  So it took a lot for her to come.  It was good.

  The week started off sucky but ended sweet!  I hope your own week was good!

  I love you all!

  Elder Park

 The White African

 T.I.A

 Extras:

 I asked him if he got the Christmas packages I sent:  “I got all three (? Interesting, I only sent two padded envelopes, one with decorations and candy, and another one to be opened Christmas day).  IT’S CHRISTMAS IN MY ROOM!!!   I HAD SO MUCH FUN SETTING IT UP!!!  Today we had a lazy day.  We had to wait at the apartment for a little while to get  a new pump for our water, and the internet was super slow.  Elder Lamont might not get to email today.  I’m lucky I did.  (I feel lucky EVERY time he finds an internet connection that is working!)

 I got the green taped one (I told him the one with green strapping tape was for Christmas day).  I was so tempted to open it but I want to have something for the actual Christmas day.  I love the candy count down, even though the chocolate is a little (a lotta) melted.  The tree is sweet!  Everything is awesome.  I have a snow flake above my desk!  hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment