Blog Description

This is a blog for the family and friends of Collin Park. He will be serving a two year mission in the Sierra Leone Freetown Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, he left on January 24, 2013. While Collin is on his mission his Mom will be posting pictures and letters as she gets them, the content will be straight from Collin (unless otherwise noted) - spelling and punctuation will be corrected of course! Commentary and clarification may be added by his Mom as needed.
UPDATE: Collin's mission was split in half! The Sierra Leone Mission included the country of Liberia when Collin first left. As of July 1, 2013, the mission was split along the border and the new mission created: the Liberia, Monrovia Mission. Collin will never see the country of Sierra Leone. He has been in Monrovia Liberia since he left the MTC in Ghana.
ANOTHER UPDATE: Because of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, Liberia and Sierra Leone Missions were evacuated on August 4, 2014 and missionaries were reassigned to different missions. Collin was reassigned to the Salt Lake City Central Mission.

Monday, November 04, 2013


November 4, 2013
Wow, this week was super fast!!!
First off, it was week 11 in Elder Baldwin’s training, so this week I was able to play newbie!!!  I had a lot of fun.  He took the lead in everything.  He played senior companion for the week.  I acted like I just came from the MTC.  I actually learned a lot.  I learned how I need to know the Book of Mormon more.  Even though I learned a lot, I think that he learned more.  This week is really a test for all missionaries, to test their knowledge, test their teaching skills, and to prove to themselves that they are able to be a missionary.  I feel like it was a good week.  It was a good experience for him because we got bounced a lot!!  He was constantly trying to figure out who to go and see.  Even on Wednesday,  while I was on exchange with Elder Bell, Elder Baldwin had to go with a branch missionary that has been with a missionary for a week.  They had a great day!!!  As far as Elder Bell and myself…. not so much.  Lots of people were gone or not able to see us.  Missionary work is awesome, but sometimes a little frustrating.  

When I first got to Thinker Village I was able to baptize Ojuku Harris.  Since then I have taught his family and they are all members too.  On Friday I got a note from Margret, his wife, saying that he was in the hospital and having surgery the next morning.  So I referred her to our branch president. Saturday we went to the hospital, I pray I never get really sick here…., he had surgery on his appendix.  I don’t know what happened, but something did.  We spent most of the day there.  I love this family so much, please keep Ojuku in your prayers.  I am going to see how he is later today, so I don’t know how he is right now. 
The rest of Saturday was good, just a normal day.

Sunday was good.  We had a lot of people come, but I know there was even more that didn’t.  I am amazed at how this branch has grown since I got here at the end of April.  I’ve been here for 6 months, transfer news comes sometime this week, Thinker Village is my home away from home.  No matter where you serve, you fall in love with the people.  I will most likely get moved somewhere within the week, and mission continues!

I love you all, miss you all

Elder Park

The White African

TIA

In an extra email he said hello to Courtney.  Also, if you want to send a package, send Oreos and peanuts!  I think it’s funny that those are what he misses.

No comments:

Post a Comment