Blog Description

This is a blog for the family and friends of Collin Park. He will be serving a two year mission in the Sierra Leone Freetown Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, he left on January 24, 2013. While Collin is on his mission his Mom will be posting pictures and letters as she gets them, the content will be straight from Collin (unless otherwise noted) - spelling and punctuation will be corrected of course! Commentary and clarification may be added by his Mom as needed.
UPDATE: Collin's mission was split in half! The Sierra Leone Mission included the country of Liberia when Collin first left. As of July 1, 2013, the mission was split along the border and the new mission created: the Liberia, Monrovia Mission. Collin will never see the country of Sierra Leone. He has been in Monrovia Liberia since he left the MTC in Ghana.
ANOTHER UPDATE: Because of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, Liberia and Sierra Leone Missions were evacuated on August 4, 2014 and missionaries were reassigned to different missions. Collin was reassigned to the Salt Lake City Central Mission.

Monday, November 18, 2013


November 18, 2013
WOW   This week was fast.

On Tuesday, I officially became a man, I am no longer a rotten teenager.  I am now a rotten 20 year old kid.  I spent my birthday giving instruction at district meeting like I do every Tuesday.  Then I had to go on exchange with Elder Nabende my Zone Leader.  It was good.  I have a few things I need to work on though.

Thursday we taught a few people but had to come back early to wait for the new missionary for Elder Bell.  Elder Sanders is from Springville Utah.   He's going to be a good missionary.  He is still adjusting to the heat, all the sweating, and all the dirt.  It was fun to just observe him.  It makes me think about how I was when I first got here.  It seems just like yesterday and I can completely remember it.  It’s funny to hear the small experiences he has every day.  He's really green, but it’s good.   We've all been there.  I’m looking forward to seeing him grow and develop.

Friday was normal.  Elder Baldwin and I taught the Book of Mormon class that we have every week.  This week was 1 Nephi 13, really interesting when you take time and study it.  Lots of prophecy in it too.  I am very thankful for the prophets that we had anciently and even the ones we have today.

Saturday was really just normal.   We saw a couple people that we haven’t seen in a long time.   We tried to help one woman haul rock so she could come to church on Sunday but when we got there, she wasn’t working so I was really disappointed.  I really wanted to haul and crush rock.  Even though we weren’t able to do that she still came to church.

We didn’t have a lot of investigators, but we had a TON of people at church again.  This branch is really growing.  A lot of the classrooms are getting too small for the amount of people that are
coming.  It’s really good and amazing to see.   Since I have been here for so long I have seen the branch almost double it’s size.  The missionary works here is evident!!!!

I  love my mission!  I love sweet LIB!!!

I love you all!

Elder Park
The White African
T.I.A.


Extras:   (I asked him if he got his birthday package yet).   My companion received one this past week.   For me I just don’t wait for them, I just pretend they aren’t coming in hope of them coming faster.

(I was asked by someone if there were a lot of mosques where Collin was)  I can find mosques every once in a while.   Not a lot of them in my area, but in my old area I could.
(I told him he had to call me first on Christmas day, not his sister, he called her first on mother’s day – not fair, and some of his accent was rubbed off by the time I talked to him)  There are a couple things that I don’t say normal anymore,  even I can tell.   hahaha when I call home I will be exactly 11 months on mission.  I have found that not counting actually goes a lot faster, but I could count big number things like:  I have 7 boxes of doxy (the anti malaria stuff),  I’m almost done with 3.   I was given 17 planners, I’m on 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment