Blog Description

This is a blog for the family and friends of Collin Park. He will be serving a two year mission in the Sierra Leone Freetown Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, he left on January 24, 2013. While Collin is on his mission his Mom will be posting pictures and letters as she gets them, the content will be straight from Collin (unless otherwise noted) - spelling and punctuation will be corrected of course! Commentary and clarification may be added by his Mom as needed.
UPDATE: Collin's mission was split in half! The Sierra Leone Mission included the country of Liberia when Collin first left. As of July 1, 2013, the mission was split along the border and the new mission created: the Liberia, Monrovia Mission. Collin will never see the country of Sierra Leone. He has been in Monrovia Liberia since he left the MTC in Ghana.
ANOTHER UPDATE: Because of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, Liberia and Sierra Leone Missions were evacuated on August 4, 2014 and missionaries were reassigned to different missions. Collin was reassigned to the Salt Lake City Central Mission.

Monday, April 28, 2014

April 28, 2014

Hello from LIB!!!

This week was so frustrating.  Elder Nabende went home on Wednesday so the three of us that were left, were put into a three-some...  oh how  I hate those.   So Elder Enwukweri and Godi and I were trying to figure out how to teach the whole week long.  It was very hard and stressful.  One day we would focus in one area and then the next day we focused on the other area…  so not a lot of time in my own area.

At the beginning of the year our mission President challenged us to read the Book of Mormon by May 1st.  So I've been working that and on Thursday I finished it.   I did Moroni's challenge at the end, and the Book is TRUE!!!

So we found out transfer news on Saturday. Elder Godi and I are still companions.... but we both moved to Congo Town!!!   We are going into a white washed area so we have a lot of work to do.   So yeah for us!!   I will tell you more about the apartment next week, but I have LEC so I have power whenever I want it.  (I asked him what LEC was and he said:  “its power that comes from the government that we pay for, it’s really cheap compared to generators, and we have it all night.   During the day we turn it off to save money since we aren’t in the apartment.   So basically it’s electricity that works normal”).   We have a deep well and also a water tower with a 1000 gallon tank.

I moved really far actually but I’m really glad I moved.  Elder Witehira and Montgomery will be sharing the apartment with us.

My time has finished,  I’m sorry I wasn’t on longer…  it’s been a rough day, not going to lie, moving, cleaning, atms not working, cafes not working.  stressful.  I love you none the less.

I love you!!!

Elder Park
The White African

T.I.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment