Blog Description

This is a blog for the family and friends of Collin Park. He will be serving a two year mission in the Sierra Leone Freetown Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, he left on January 24, 2013. While Collin is on his mission his Mom will be posting pictures and letters as she gets them, the content will be straight from Collin (unless otherwise noted) - spelling and punctuation will be corrected of course! Commentary and clarification may be added by his Mom as needed.
UPDATE: Collin's mission was split in half! The Sierra Leone Mission included the country of Liberia when Collin first left. As of July 1, 2013, the mission was split along the border and the new mission created: the Liberia, Monrovia Mission. Collin will never see the country of Sierra Leone. He has been in Monrovia Liberia since he left the MTC in Ghana.
ANOTHER UPDATE: Because of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, Liberia and Sierra Leone Missions were evacuated on August 4, 2014 and missionaries were reassigned to different missions. Collin was reassigned to the Salt Lake City Central Mission.

Monday, February 03, 2014

February 3, 2014

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
My email to him let him know that the Seahawks, who played the Broncos in the Superbowl the day before, had WON!!!!)

Wow this week was crazy!  So much happened! But at the same time, some days were boring.  It was interesting.
First off, I was thinking to myself the other day at how much I have changed on mission.  I eat boiled eggs almost every day, and I eat  fish every day.   At home, I would have never touched those things, now I eat them on a regular basis.  Mission changes people!

Wednesday I went on exchange with Elder Larsey (Ghana).  It was really good.   We focused a lot of the Book of Mormon, which was great.  A lot of people that we saw had questions about it.   We even helped a husband and wife learn what it is and what it talks about.  The guy is a Methodist, so he had a harder time understanding it.   It was a really good day.
Friday we had a service project in the morning.  It was so much fun.   We cut down these tree looking things that only grow in the swamp.    We then carried them a couple hundred feet to an investigators house for her to use them.   It was a lot of fun because we were walking around in a foot of water the whole time.  I took pictures.  I will try and print them out. 

After that we had to rush back to the apartment.  President Kirkham wanted to see Elder Myaka, myself, Elder Orton, Elder Baldwin and Elder Poulson.  It was a little scary going into town and seeing him.  There was a false report that was sent about us Americans and then President wanted to talk to me about my companion.  Everything was just a misunderstanding.  But, luckily, we weren’t the only ones in the office.   There was an outbreak of apostasy happening in the mission.  Just people being stupid.
Okay now for some news.  We got a call from the Assistants on Saturday.  TRANSFER NEWS!!!!!!!  I was totally expecting to stay in Gardnersville, but I was moved to Upper Caldwell to be a District Leader.  My companion is Elder Witehira, from Utah.   My companion is great, the AP's love this guy because he works.  He was born in New Zealand but moved to Utah about 10 years ago.   The guy seems like a stud.  I’m really excited to work with him!!!!   Elder Witehira has been in this area for 5 month or so, it's his first area.  My old area got white washed (they changed out all the missionaries there), it was probably the best thing for it to be completely honest.   I will miss it, but I’m needed somewhere different.

Once again!  GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

Elder Park

The White Africa

T.I.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment