Blog Description

This is a blog for the family and friends of Collin Park. He will be serving a two year mission in the Sierra Leone Freetown Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, he left on January 24, 2013. While Collin is on his mission his Mom will be posting pictures and letters as she gets them, the content will be straight from Collin (unless otherwise noted) - spelling and punctuation will be corrected of course! Commentary and clarification may be added by his Mom as needed.
UPDATE: Collin's mission was split in half! The Sierra Leone Mission included the country of Liberia when Collin first left. As of July 1, 2013, the mission was split along the border and the new mission created: the Liberia, Monrovia Mission. Collin will never see the country of Sierra Leone. He has been in Monrovia Liberia since he left the MTC in Ghana.
ANOTHER UPDATE: Because of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, Liberia and Sierra Leone Missions were evacuated on August 4, 2014 and missionaries were reassigned to different missions. Collin was reassigned to the Salt Lake City Central Mission.

Monday, August 26, 2013


August 26, 2013
What a week.. Where to start...

On Tuesday I had to give an instruction for the district.  Since
we have one set of missionaries opening a new area I talked about how
to find people, more specifically, to find those that are prepared for
us.  Finding those people starts with us.  We as missionaries need to
be prepared mentally, spiritually and physically.  If we can do this,
we can find those people that are ready for the gospel.  We can have
the members gain trust in is so they can help us find those prepared
people.  The district I’m in has 6 missionaries including me.  We are all
working in the same branch too.  It’s going to be a lot of fun, but a lot
of work too.

As a district leader I have to have a district meeting every Tuesday,
i have to organize the baptisms, send in weekly numbers, make sure
there are no problems within the district, and if there are any, solve them.  I
have to make sure the apartment has everything it needs.  Basically I
am the mother of the apartment, I take care of everything...  Mothers, I
love you all.

On Wednesday I went to a “train the trainers” training.  It was to help
me be prepared to train my new companion who I received on Friday.
Elder Baldwin is from Idaho Falls, Idaho.  He is fresh out of high
school.  He loves to work hard so these two transfers are going to go
by super fast!!  He is going to be an amazing missionary.  He is willing
to try and do anything.  The first day he was here we had a lady give
us some fu-fu, you don’t chew this meal, you swallow it.   He dug
right it.  He has eaten a chicken foot also.  Elder Baldwin will
eat/try anything that is thrown his way.  I know that we will get along just fine.

Sunday was an adventure. I don’t really want to share what happened,
but just pray for the people here in LIB, and specifically here in
Thinker Village.  (He shared what happened, in a separate email, with a member who had a medical emergency, not info for the blog, but I wanted to share enough to let you know Collin is ok because when I read this line I started to worry). 
I know that my Savior lives.  I know that our Heavenly Father lives
and answers my prayers and He will answer yours.  Pray with faith,
nothing wavering.

I love you all

Elder Park

No comments:

Post a Comment