Blog Description

This is a blog for the family and friends of Collin Park. He will be serving a two year mission in the Sierra Leone Freetown Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, he left on January 24, 2013. While Collin is on his mission his Mom will be posting pictures and letters as she gets them, the content will be straight from Collin (unless otherwise noted) - spelling and punctuation will be corrected of course! Commentary and clarification may be added by his Mom as needed.
UPDATE: Collin's mission was split in half! The Sierra Leone Mission included the country of Liberia when Collin first left. As of July 1, 2013, the mission was split along the border and the new mission created: the Liberia, Monrovia Mission. Collin will never see the country of Sierra Leone. He has been in Monrovia Liberia since he left the MTC in Ghana.
ANOTHER UPDATE: Because of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, Liberia and Sierra Leone Missions were evacuated on August 4, 2014 and missionaries were reassigned to different missions. Collin was reassigned to the Salt Lake City Central Mission.

Monday, May 13, 2013


May 13, 2013

Mother’s Day was good but now I’m homesick.  I won’t lie about that at all.  I loved calling home and I am jealous of those missionaries who got to skype.

This week was really boring.  We got bounced a lot this week.  It was really frustrating actually, so not much to report on this week.  Except we did have a baptism on Saturday, Elijah Zayway, this man was more excited and eager to be baptized than I was to call home!  This man is great.  I loved going to him and teaching him, he was always excited to have us come.  He also asked a lot of good questions, I’m pretty sure he was in another church before, so he had a lot of good questions for us.  I was happy he was able to come to the baptismal service, he actually beat us to the church building for it.  I was shocked!  (In the phone call he said they lived about 50 yards from the church)

One way that this mission has changed me is by how humbled I have been.  This mission will humble you faster than you can say humble.  In the Book of Mormon, in Alma 26:12, it talks about the greatest missionary and how he was never boasting of himself.  He was only boasting in the Lord because he knows that without the Lord, we are nothing.  He is completely right.  Without our Father in Heaven, we are nothing.  For me, I need to become more humble and except  the fact that everything I have done thus far, is because the Lord wanted it to happen.  I am just an instrument in his hand.  The Lord is my strength, let Him be yours!

I love you all and miss you all.  I hope Mother’s Day was good for all.

I love my mom so much!!

Elder Park

The White African

T.I.A!

No comments:

Post a Comment