Blog Description

This is a blog for the family and friends of Collin Park. He will be serving a two year mission in the Sierra Leone Freetown Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, he left on January 24, 2013. While Collin is on his mission his Mom will be posting pictures and letters as she gets them, the content will be straight from Collin (unless otherwise noted) - spelling and punctuation will be corrected of course! Commentary and clarification may be added by his Mom as needed.
UPDATE: Collin's mission was split in half! The Sierra Leone Mission included the country of Liberia when Collin first left. As of July 1, 2013, the mission was split along the border and the new mission created: the Liberia, Monrovia Mission. Collin will never see the country of Sierra Leone. He has been in Monrovia Liberia since he left the MTC in Ghana.
ANOTHER UPDATE: Because of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, Liberia and Sierra Leone Missions were evacuated on August 4, 2014 and missionaries were reassigned to different missions. Collin was reassigned to the Salt Lake City Central Mission.

Monday, March 17, 2014


March 17, 2014
This transfer period was probably the fastest transfer of my mission, these past 6 weeks flew.   We got our transfer news on Saturday night, but I will hold off on spilling the beans!

This week was also the best week of the transfer.   We worked harder than I have worked in my entire mission.   I was exhausted, I am exhausted.. 
On Tuesday there was an exchange with my Zone Leaders.  I went with Elder Dahlin, who was the last of my MTC  I could serve with.  I have now been able to serve at least one day with everyone from my MTC group.   That’s super cool!!!  We had a great day and he was able to give me some really good advice.  Elder Witehira went with Elder Zolo (ivory coast).  i don’t know what they did, but ever since then, Elder Witehira has been on fire.   I love that guy!

Wednesday was just a normal day, but on Thursday I went on exchange again.  This time with Elder Enwukweri from Nigeria, he's only 3 months older than me on mission but sometimes acts older.  Some people get tired faster than others.  It was a good day though, he was a little sick but still wanted to go around.   In this mission, we missionaries don’t like staying in the apartment because of how hot it gets inside during the day.  So we weren’t gonna stay. 
Friday we planned on seeing 7 people.  Out the 7 we planned for, we saw one of them, but we still had a fantastic day.   We saw a lot of really good people.  Sister Theresa is super nice but she won’t really listen to us anymore.  The Jehovah Witnesses kept giving her free things so she wants to go  there.  (I asked what they had given her, he said:  “They gave Theresa a really cool looking bible.  Bibles are somewhat hard to get around here.”)

Saturday, we taught a lot of people about the Restoration.  It was a good day.  We felt proud of ourselves when we closed for the day.  Lennox is cool.  Very eager to start listening to our message. 
Sunday was just normal.

TRANSFER NEWS:
Elder Nabende will finish his mission in Upper Caldwell.  Elder Enwukweri will be the one to 'kill' him. (missionary lingo for being the last companion someone has on mission).   These two share the apartment that Collin lives in.
Elder Witehira is going to Congo Town to be with a Zimbabwean.  Me, I received Elder Godi who is also from Zimbabwe as my new companion.  Round 2 with an elder from Zimbabwe!!

My week was great! I hope everyone else had a good week too.
Elder Park

The White African
T.I.A.  


Extra:
I’m bummed Witehira left, by far my favorite companion on mission.  Yeah this was his first move im happy for him though.  Transfers happened this morning.  Elder Godi loves rugby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment